Sapio Sciences announced the availability of Exemplar Biomarker Discovery LIMS. This release is the result of Sapio’s extensive experience in implementing LIMS with biomarker discovery at leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies. Exemplar Biomarker Discovery addresses these clients’ needs for a single, integrated solution to a breadth of requirements. …
With advances in genetics, genomics, proteomics, and metabolomics over the last two decades, it is now possible to perform detailed profiling of study subjects’ response to treatments. The proper tracking and interpretation of this data can lead to the aforementioned desired patient profiling for a particular drug to have the best chance of success. …
Proper interpretation of this data can also lead to the success or failure of a drug in clinical trials. Certain drugs may appear ineffective, but in fact are working for a small subset of the patient population with some combination of biomarkers. If these markers could be discovered, then the patient population can be preselected for suitable candidates, and the drug trial has a greater chance of success, whereas it may fail without such a predictor in place. …
A comprehensive Biomarker Discovery application should include all of the following:
• Flexible data model to adapt to client data tracking needs
• Sample Management including storage management, derivative\aliquot creation, mass\volume\slide\concentration tracking
• Tracking of Studies, Treatment Groups, Subjects, Samples and Assay Data
• Data Loaders for common assay types such as PCR, RPPA, FACS, Western Blot, etc.
• Data Loaders for standardized formats such as SDTM
• CRO data interaction template creation and loaders
• Highly scalable Assay Data Management
• Assay Data QC
• Built-in and easy to use data mining tools
• Custom statistical algorithm implementation support. e.g. – Data Normalization, Delta CT, etc.
• Built-in informatics tools
• Workflow Driven
• Integrated and robust Application Programming Interface
Exemplar Biomarker Discovery LIMS addresses each of these needs while allowing for configuration/customization meeting each company’s specific requirements.