Acupuncture is a health care system of China that can be traced back for at least 2,500 years. It is based on the fact that there are patterns of energy flow through the body that are essential for health. Disruptions of this flow are believed to be responsible for disease. These disruptions are believed to be corrected through the Acupuncture at identifiable points close to the skin.
Acupuncture believed to stimulate anatomical locations on the skin by a variety of techniques. There are a variety of approaches, the most studied mechanism of stimulation of acupuncture points employs penetration of the skin by thin, solid, metallic needles. Acupuncture has been used by millions for relief or prevention of pain and for a variety of health conditions.
Please visit: http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/en/d/Js4926e/5.html.
In 1996, a draft report on the clinical practice of acupuncture was reviewed at the WHO Consultation on Acupuncture held in Cervia, Italy. The participants recommended that WHO should revise the report, focusing on data from controlled clinical trials.
This publication is “a review and analysis of controlled clinical trials of acupuncture therapy“, as reported in the current literature up to 1998 (and early 1999 for some journals) with a view to strengthening and promoting the appropriate use of acupuncture in health care systems throughout the world.
Information on the therapeutic mechanisms of acupuncture has also been incorporated.
Read more: Download PDF
- Acupuncture Reduces Neuropeptide Y in Animal Model (insidesurgery.com)
- Determining the Precise Cerebral Response to Acupuncture: An Improved fMRI Study (plosone.org)
- Fascia as the Anatomical Basis for Acupuncture Points and Meridians (bowenbelfast.wordpress.com)
- Acupuncture may ease cancer-related fatigue (updatednews.ca)
- Is Acupuncture Safe During Pregnancy? (rootsacupuncture.org)
- Go With The Flow: The Benefits of Acupuncture (sprighealth.com)
- Lunchtime Beauty Q&A: Will Face Acupuncture Make My Skin Look Younger? (nymag.com)
- Tuina Massage with or without Acupuncture Session at Inwood Acupuncture (Up to 73% Off) (bxcheapskate.com)
- Acupuncture for Hot Flashes! (acupuncturemonttremblant.wordpress.com)
- Acupuncture Reduces Fatigue in People With Breast Cancer (medicaldaily.com)