Prolonged use of painkillers and antacids can tamper with your health. Therefore in the long term painkiller management think twice and choose, instead, from nature’s bounties to fight pain.
Following are the recommendations from Yahoo- lifestyle:
1. Target Stomach problems with a cup of Yogurt (Commonly known as dahi or curd) as it is rich in lactobacilli-the good bacteria that aids digestion, relieves stomach cramps and improves gastrointestinal function.
2. Target Muscle pain (arthritis etc) with a cup of red, fresh and firm Cherries as they are a rich source of anthocyanins which block pain by inhibiting the pain enzymes and reducing inflammation.
3. Target Colitis, achy joints with a pinch of Turmeric in your gravies as it possesses extraordinary antiseptic and antibacterial properties which reduce inflammation of the colon and preserve nerve function. Add a bit extra to your gravies, and make sure you add a bit of black pepper to your preparations. The black pepper actually helps the release of curcumin and its wonder properties that aid pain relief. Discover the synergism of turmeric and black pepper.
4. Target Migraines, sore muscles with a teaspoon of Ginger Juice to your cup of tea. Amazingly, sucking on ginger candy works well too. To put it short, it works as efficiently as a single dose of aspirin!
5. Target Headaches with Herbal Green tea as it is loaded with antioxidants.
6. Target Achy back, joints with Tunas and mackerels (in case of non-veg) as they are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, are highly efficient at maintaining your back pains. The spinal discs, present in between the vertebra of the vertebral column, are responsible for the transport of important nutrients and oxygen to the spinal cord. Omega 3 fatty acids from these fishes help the blood vessels transport these nutrients to the spinal cord and prevent the degeneration of the tissues.
In case of veg, us a handful of walnuts and flax seeds as they can get their share of Omega 3 fatty acids.
- OTC Painkillers Linked to Hearing Loss, Other Ailments: What are the Alternatives? (naturalsociety.com)
- Top 10 Herbs You Should Have On Your Medicine Cabinet (iwillleavethekey.wordpress.com)
- Electric stimulation of brain releases powerful, opiate-like painkiller (sciencedaily.com)
- The electric shock that could cure a headache by releasing the body’s most powerful painkillers (thisismoney.co.uk)
- Eat More Curry for a Brain Boost? (psychologytoday.com)
- Natural Remedies: My secret weapon against colds, flu, and the Norwalk virus (gardengalbevy.wordpress.com)
- Eat your way to health (thegoodword.me)
- Colorado has second-worst rate of pain pill abuse (denverpost.com)
- Painkiller Supply to Patients Restricted in New York (theepochtimes.com)
- NYC Seeks to Curb Painkiller Abuse With Hospital Limits – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- The Genetics of Pain: An Integrated Approach